Friday, September 4, 2009

I live in a river..

I live in a river..

moving forward forever...

if the flow is against me, I swim aginst it...

if theres declivity, I follow it..

if my leg pains, I stop...

if I find somebody, I hold him..

if I find a boat with many people, I'll get into it..

if a storm comes, I'll help them..

if the boat breaks, I'll jump...

because I live in a river...

I learn catching swiftly moving fish...

I build a raft with the floating logs...

I see beautiful landscapes...

I smile at my image in the freshwater...

I escape from hitting the trenches when I fall from the waterfall..

I'll come back into the river...

I enjoy the cuckoo's voice..

I get intimidated to the waterfall's sound..

I didn't see whirlpools...

I didn't see crocodiles..

If they attack, I'll fight...

if they dominate, I'll swim away...

I remind those who gave me send off...

I dream of going into the sea...

I'll learn that sea water is salty..

I'll learn that sea water doesn't flow..

I'll learn that sea water is unlimited..

When I die, I float..

I'll reach the shore..

I remain as one among the many corpses there..

4 comments:

ArK said...

I just read it. I think it has substance,describes something in a meaningful way. I understand you have employed river as a symbolical device to describe life in all its haste and bustle.But I'm not clear about what the ocean represents.Also does this describe ur approach towards life? So you mean you will abandon a gp of people who helped you by taking u on their boat when trouble comes?It seems you didn't proofread your poem.There are some obvious errors. But overall I think it's good cuz it tries to convey sth and also succeds in painting some good imagery in the readers mind(but this last thing may vary frm person 2 person). Keep it up. I'm glad ur putting ur time at home to good use.

GAYATRI said...

Put in a very simple way...
I love the way, you made me get the exact picture of what yu wanted to describe...
Life is like a river, and death is a sea :)
Good start...Keep going! :)
Maha vedanti Kesava Charanuuu.. :)

vkc said...

Thanx for reading..
a hole in the boat is something like a disaster situation in life or in the world, abandoning is not the idea...everybody runs at that time..
Ocean is something like a materialistic life... where everything is hectic but with a high chance of profits !

vkc said...

@ gayatri..
sea kaadu death, shore...